The following details relate to holders of adult normal passports (requirements for children may be different), if any other type of passport or travel document is held, entry requirements should be checked with the relevant embassy or consulate.
Any passport, identity or travel document purporting to be issued by Somalia, Bophuthatswana, Ciskei, Transkei, Venda or the All Palestine Government are not valid for entry into Canada
Required by all
1) Passports must be valid for at least one day beyond intended departure
2) Persons under 18 years of age who are not accompanied by their parents or legal guardian(s), or by just one parent or legal guardian, should have a letter of consent from the non-accompanying parent(s) or legal guardian(s), giving them permission to travel alone or with a representative or relative. Children travelling by themselves must have their own passports; they cannot use the passport of their parents even if their details are endorsed in that passport
New supplemental form now required for all visa applications in addition to the visa application form
The following DO NOT require a visa:
1) Citizens of Canada
2) British Citizens, British National Overseas Citizens & British dependent Territories Citizens who are re-admissible to the United Kingdom (does not apply to UK Passport holders where the passport is endorsed "British Subject", who need a visa)
3) Citizens of British Dependent Territories who derive their citizenship through birth, descent, registration or naturalization in one of the British dependent territories of Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena or Turks & Caicos Islands
4) Citizens of Andorra, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (S.A.R. passport holders only), Iceland, Ireland Rep, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Korea (South), Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden & Switzerland
5) Citizens of United States & persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green Card)
6) Holders of passports or travel documents issued by the Vatican City
Notes: Visitors must depart Canada within 6 months from the date of arrival, unless otherwise indicated upon arrival. Extensions to this period must be obtained by submitting an application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta
Required by all except those as noted above and:
1) Persons who are in transit through Canada on a flight stopping solely for the purpose of refuelling and:
a) are in possession of a valid visa to enter the United States on a flight bound for the United States, or
b) have been lawfully admitted to the United States and are on a flight originating from the United States
All visitors must hold onward/return tickets, documents required for next destination & sufficient funds for length of stay.
At TripsBeyond there are a number of ways you can contact us meaning that all you have to do is choose the option which is most convenient to you.
0800 270 0009
Speak to our Travel Experts on 0800 270 0009