The first president, George Washington, selected the site for the White House in 1791. Every president since John Adams has occupied the White House, and the history of this building extends far beyond the construction of its wall
Here are a few interesting facts about the White House
• There are 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, and 6 levels in the Residence. There are also 412 doors, 147 windows, 28 fireplaces, 8 staircases, and 3 elevators.
• The White House kitchen is able to serve dinner to as many as 140 guests and hors d’oeuvres to more than 1,000.
• The White House requires 570 gallons of paint to cover its outside surface.
• At various times in history, the White House has been known as the “President’s Palace,” the “President’s House,” and the “Executive Mansion.”
• President Theodore Roosevelt officially gave the White House its current name in 1901.
Below is a small selection of the USA holidays where you can visit the White House
At TripsBeyond there are a number of ways you can contact us meaning that all you have to do is choose the option which is most convenient to you.
0800 270 0009
Speak to our Travel Experts on 0800 270 0009