FB Pixel

Home / FAQs / Before You Go Visa Information USA

Visa Information USA (Alaska)

Please read the important Visa information below. You will require a USA Visa if your holiday includes an Alaskan Cruise or you have a flight connection via the USA.

This information is based on UK passport holders only.

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is a convenient authorization that that is electronically linked to a traveller’s passport. It is similar to systems in place for travel to Canada. 

To ESTA can be applied for only at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta and should only cost you around 21 USD. 

Most applications are approved within minutes, but it may take longer if you are required to submit documents, so we recommend applying as soon as you have booked your flights.

An ESTA can be valid for up to 2 years or until your passport expires. If you get a new passport, you will need to get a new ESTA. With a valid ESTA you can travel to the USA as often as you want for short stays (normally for up to six months at a time). 

Apply for your ESTA here: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/?forceNav=true

For full details on elegibility of using the US Visa Waiver programme and any visa requirements, please visit:https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visa-waiver-program.html

Entering the United States by land

Travellers who make their initial entry into the U.S. by land from either Canada or Mexico are NOT required to travel authorization through ESTA before travelling. Warning If your passport has ever been reported lost or stolen to the authorities and then recovered, please do not attempt to use it for travel to the United States. If you input the passport details into ESTA, your application will be denied. Submit your ESTA Application at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

It is the responsibility of each passenger in your party to apply for an ESTA . Failure to do so would lead to non-entry to The United States of America. TripsBeyond cannot be held liable in any way for non-compliance or refused entry to the United States of America.

Important - If you have visited Cuba at all – at any time and not even with the same passport, you are no longer eligible to use an ESTA for entry to USA and will require a full visa.

USA made Cuba a State of Terrorism in January 2021 but this rule applies even if you travelled before this date.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on the relevant telephone numbers below should you have any queries.

TripsBeyond - Tel 0800 270 0009 Additional information is available at: https://uk.usembassy.gov/

Speak to a Travel Specialist

Call Us Free On

0800 270 0009

Call our experts and take the first step on your trip beyond ordinary

Canada Expert DavidDavid
Canada Expert JulieJulie
Canada Expert PaulPaul
Canada Expert SeanSean

Speak to our Travel Experts on 0800 270 0009


We go above and beyond to make your holiday perfect

Tailor Made for You

  • We tailor make every holiday made around you.
  • Tell us what you'd like to see, what type of accommodation you prefer and how you'd like to travel.
  • We'll plan your perfect holiday, helping you to get the most from your time and budget.

Expert Advice

  • We don't just know travel, we love it!
  • Our Travel Experts have travelled throughout the World. They'll answer your questions with facts not guesses.
  • You'll have a dedicated Travel Expert to look after each stage of your booking.

100% Protected

  • Part of the Stewart Travel group, We've been helping people explore the World for more than 30 years.
  • Every trip is 100% ATOL protected.
  • We're only ever a phone call away.